amBX UK Limited owns, develops and delivers the unique amBX intelligent lighting control technology to partners and clients worldwide. amBX can enhance any environment, from large-scale architecture, to bars, shops, restaurants, cinemas and the home.
amBXstarted as an R&D project in Philips Corporate Technology R&D division. The technology is developed at Philips with over 6 years of R&D and €22m of investment. Prime Technology Ventures raised a fund to spin amBX out of Philips in October 2008. Early stage funding was provided by Prime and Northstar Ventures with a syndicate of angel investors replacing Prime in 2010. amBx UK is now an independent business.
amBX UK Limited has grown rapidly as its technology and solutions have gained recognition in professional lighting, audio-visual and consumer markets.
We plan to revolutionise the way the world uses lighting.
Neil lead the team which span amBX out of Philips. He specialises in taking new technologies to market and has a successful track record in B2B and consumer markets. He was previously CEO of AIM-listed Yoomedia PLC, Marketing Director at the Dixons Stores Group, VP at Fujitsu and GM of BT’s internet businesses.
Strategic Business Development Manager - click to read job description
Strategic Business Development Manager
As part of the Management Team of amBX UK Ltd the role will include general commercial management activity in the existing business as well as research and development of a go-to-market strategic plan for amBX in the People’s Republic of China. It is expected that an initial period of 3 months will be spent in the UK business activity in support of earning and understanding of the business and technology before the project to develop the plan for PRC is commenced.
Principal Responsibilities Within First Twelve Months
- Acquire knowledge of amBX technology, its application in target market sectors and understanding of UK market segmentation and structure.
- Acquire understanding of the lighting market globally – vertical sectors, key technologies, supply chain and major commercial businesses and influencers.
- Commercial activity including responsibility for a sales target as part of the UK plan, client and partner meetings and proposals and sales delivery and implementation in the UK business, working alongside existing team.
- An analysis of the lighting market in PRC with emphasis on the key amBX target sectors. To include identification of participants, supply chain and distribution structures and volume/value metrics.
- Preparation of a draft amBX market plan for PRC with particular analysis of key partners and relationships required for effective entry in the target sectors.
- This plan to be agreed with management Team before presentation to the amBX Board.
- Presentation of the amBX plan for PRC to the amBX Board which will include recommendations for implementation and resources and structure of business required.
- Assist in sourcing and raising funds to support the implementation of the amBX plan for PRC.
Subsequent Role Opportunities
Dependent on the role performance and the requirements of the amBX plan for PRC, it is envisaged that the role will include having line management responsibility for the amBX business in PRC.
Initially based at the amBX operations office in Redhill Surrey and London base in Greenwich.
Reports To CEO
Part of the Management Team (CEO, CTO, Development Director) and attends amBX Board Meetings.
* The candidate needs to meet the basic financial and investment requirements of the Tier 1 Entrepreneurship Visa scheme under the UKBA rules.
Want to find out more?
If you are interested in this career opportunity please feel free to contact us