Cyan is an integrated system design company based in Cambridge, UK. We provide a communication platform that enables the measurement and control of energy consumption for the metering and lighting markets, helping to reduce energy losses. Our wireless mesh networking platform offers ‘last mile’ connectivity between millions of devices and enterprise software, supporting bilateral communications with the end customer.
The Cyan solutions have been specifically developed for emerging markets and Cyan now has a well established local team in India, together with strong partners in Brazil. Pilots have been deployed in China, but Cyan has not been able to move opportunities to volume. Therefore there is a strong potential for joint ventures with local Chinese energy supply companies.
The two Cyan product lines are:
complete scalable solution for smart metering, wireless mesh and point-to-point meter reading in license free bands, best in class range and system robustness, electricity metering plus battery powered gas and water metering
smart lighting solution for energy efficient lighting control and measurement, street lights, tunnels, car parks and public locations, controls all types of lamps including LED, sodium and Xenon (HID), lamp dimming, bulb failure etc. http://www.cyantechnology.com/cylux/
John Cronin is a seasoned and successful professional. He has been instrumental in mergers & acquisitions worldwide, raised equity, debt facility and vendor financing funding between $50m and $900m and set up operations in international markets. In addition he has created significant value for shareholders with 4 Company exits in Picochip, Azure Solutions, i2 and Netsource Europe totalling $600m.
John’s contribution to high-tech industries includes being Chairman, CEO, NED, or adviser to Antenova, GCI Com, Aria networks, Picochip, Arqiva, i2, Cambridge Networks, Kast, Azure, Next2Friends, Bailey Fisher, Netsource, Mercury (C&W), BT and direct to private equity and VC firms.
Cyan Holdings plc is publicly listed on the London Stock Exchange (AIM) under the symbol CYAN
Business Development Manager - click to read job description
Business Development and Partner Manager – People’s Republic of China
The role will involve responsibility for overall business development strategy and tactics in developing Cyan’s market in PRC. This will include developing and managing partner relationships, driving new sales opportunities as well as drafting partner agreements / HOT’s / MOU’s etc.
Principal Responsibilities Within First Twelve Months For PRC (and other agreed Asia countries):
- Identification of key target markets and partners
- Strategic, operational marketing and market analysis
- Provide market feedback to the company’s leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs, and generate product development ideas
- Drive increased revenue and profit to achieve the Company’s ambitious growth
- Working with stringent targets, the job holder will be required to adopt a professional and knowledgeable approach to each new business call
- Planning and coordinating the implementation of business plans and penetration of new markets
Experience and skillsrequired:
- Relevant experience in working with channel partners
- Previous experience in Business Development within the utilities industry or communications, software or systems product company
- Excellent negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business
- Proven track record of increasing revenue
Qualifications: Degree qualified in Electronic Engineering or similarMBA or Postgraduate Marketing / Business Development Diploma
Location Cyan Cambridge (UK), PRC & other Asia countries. Regularly interacts with management team, board of directors, sales and marketing team, partners, customers
Reports To Business Development and Partner Director
* The candidate needs to meet the basic financial and investment requirements of the Tier 1 Entrepreneurship Visa scheme under the UKBA rules.
Want to find out more?
If you are interested in this career opportunity please feel free to contact us