Exosect is venture capital funded technology company. Since its spin out from the University of Southampton in 2001 the company has developed proprietary platform technologies , initially for agriculture . The company now employs 20 staff and has attracted more than £15 million in investment.
Exosect’s innovative and pioneering approach to pest and disease control has proven both sustainable and award winning.. Growing recognition of the environmental benefits of Exosect’s technology resulted in an award for Best New Product at the Society for Food Hygiene and Technology Awards in 2008. Exosect also won its category in the Guardian Global Cleantech 100 awards in 2009 and 2010.
Exosect’sproducts are now at work along the global food supply chain . To help in the prevention of post harvest losses , Exosect intends in September 2014 to be the first company to file a registration in Europe for control of insects in stored grains using a unique biological control technology. Exosect is currently focussed on the Agriculture, Public Health and Animal Health sectors.
Martin has over 35 years experience in the agrochemical sector, which includes 26 years with ICI, Astra Zeneca and Syngenta holding various management roles until 2002 covering UK, Africa, Middle East, Pakistan and Eastern Europe.
He spent 4 years based in Kenya expanding ICI’s business operations across East and Southern Africa and 5 years as chairman of Zeneca Turkey.
Before joining Exosect in 2004, he was based in Cyprus as a consultant for a major international agricultural distribution company expanding and developing their distribution and retail operations in the Balkans and Russian Federation.
Business Development Manager - click to read job description
Business Development Manager- People’s Republic of China
Within the first twelve months, the role will focus on preparing the market entry strategy for Exosect platform delivery technology in the People’s Republic of China (PRC). Longer term this role has the potential to develop into coordinating investment activities and creating effective licensing partner relationships within PRC.
Principal responsibilities within first twelve months
- Scope out potential market scale / segmentation analysis and market positioning for pipeline technologies and current products to support entry strategy.
- Seek out product gaps in food supply chain solutions for disease and pest control, that are appropriate for Exosect platform technologies, including compositions with proprietary conventional and biopesticide ingredients. .
- Identify and shortlist potential license partners for Exosect technologies and develop clear understanding of licensee needs.
- Based on detail gathered , prepare draft market entry strategies aligned to market conditions and fiscal requirements in China with recommendations of most appropriate routes to commercialisation of Exosect technology into PRC.
- Advise Directors of any strategic shift in the external environment within PRC, which might influence the entry strategy.
- Where necessary, liaise with specialists or government organisations within PRC required to fill knowledge gaps and/or make introductions to potential license partners.
- Manage annual budget for business development activities in PRC to ensure spending is within agreed limits
- On a quarterly basis, the Business Development Manager China will prepare a progress report for the CEO.
Out of hours working will be required. Approx. 70% of time will be spent in UK, based Exosect offices at Colden Common.
Business Development & Research Team
Reports To: CEO
* The candidate needs to meet the basic financial and investment requirements of the Tier 1 Entrepreneurship Visa scheme under the UKBA rules.
Want to find out more?
If you are interested in this career opportunity please feel free to contact us